[CQ-Contest] Contesting and the FT8 Revolution

Osiel Rodriguez ng7e at icloud.com
Tue Jun 22 19:02:10 EDT 2021

Guys,

I’m fairly new here compared to the seasoned hams here.  While if feel that FT8 is fitting for a contest mode, irrespective of its speed, I certainly don’t feel I can feel the satisfaction of a contact.  In all honesty, YOU didn’t make the contact, your computer did!

That being said, I have have used it to allow my computer to make contacts for me, but I hardly feel it promotes the true nature of ham radio.

I’ll use it here and there, but as mentioned, I won’t call the contact mine!

73,
O.C. - NG7E

Sent from my iPhone