[CQ-Contest] New CQ WPX Activity Map

ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Mar 10 11:27:40 EST 2021

Hey Randy,

The new map looks very cool, HOWEVER there is a little issue.

No activity is reported on your map for either SSB or CW in 2020 for VE9's
(which is not actually true)

New Brunswickers (typically VE9's) have been forgotten again.

Scanning the results quickly I count 8 entries for SSB and 9 for CW  for
VE9's...I could maybe dig for more given time.

I think I see the problem.  For whatever reason, I believe we're being lumped in
with the VE1's (Nova Scotia)
which is another separate Province (think MA and CT...side-by-each, but
separate)

The one and only association we have ham-radio-wise with NS is that we share a
"RAC SECTION". (CQ, NAQP, WAE, RAC, RDX etc. and most ARRL contests do not use
RAC sections.  They are from many moons ago.  Many moons.

Please.  We've been separate provinces for a couple hundred years and have had
separate unique ham radio prefixes since 1993. Let's get CQ into the modern
times.  We are supposed to be geography experts. (or at least know more than the
avg bear, hi)

I am more than willing to help you sort out records, results and whatever you
need. I have offered my help privately to Andy N2NT, John Dorr, K1AR and now
you, publicly to assist in getting various CQ contests sorted out for us guys
out east.  1993 was a long time ago.

Thanks

Mike VE9AA.......a VE9 since 1993...........

 We are always looking for new and interesting ways to present the results of
the CQ WPX Contest. Thanks to the efforts of Tom Morrison, K5TM, we can now
display the number of entries over the past 10 years from each DX entity in a
visual form on a world map.

The new CQ WPX Activity Map is available at https://cqwpx.com/maps/

The map shows the number of log entries from each country and each call area
for USA, Canada, Japan and Russia. The mode and year is selected by the drop
down menu at the top right of the map. The map color scheme is selected just
below that. The map legend describes the color code.

Moving the mouse over a country or clicking on it will show the number of
entries for that region.

Enjoy!  And let us know what you think.

Randy K5ZD
CQ WPX Web Manager