[CQ-Contest] The 2021 Unassisted Challenge

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 21:41:14 EST 2021

I had missed this change in the WPX rules, which I deplore, and I'm glad
that N6MJ et al have taken up the cudgels.  In my opinion it never made
any sense to merge assisted and unassisted.  Even though I largely
operate assisted, the distinction is real and should not be ignored.  If
the best operators went assisted, they would definitely win, because S&P
rates (when dueling 2-band CQs slow down) and multiplier totals will
definitely show an effect.  Let those who want one or the other make
their choice - don't pretend there is no practical difference.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.