[CQ-Contest] The 2021 Unassisted Challenge

dimitri cosson-dimitri at bbox.fr
Sun Mar 14 03:05:41 EDT 2021

Hi Ken,

You wrote :

<<< Sorry, that's just because they are big, HP stations with lots of aluminum in the sky (and they are good running ops)  who run the whole contest.  They do little or no S&P and there's no reason they should be considered anything other than Runners. That should be their category.  Not Unassisted.>>>

Sorry, I would say "that's just because they operate from CN, D4, P3, P4 and so on... with efficient stations"... The same ones from I, UA, K2 or K6 will have, maybe, a smaller score. 2BSIQ is a good (and hard) technique but only if you can generate a continious flow of calls so why not a category for the exotics QTH operated by foreign HAM while we are at it ?...

<<< And, if they are so superior to Assisted stations (which are often smaller setups), why are they so worried about competing with them?  They should win anyway. >>>

That's what I already wrote and asked to them but got no answer...

73 de Dimitri F4DSK / TM3Z