[CQ-Contest] The 2021 Unassisted Challenge

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 09:17:15 EDT 2021

The Classic overlay was introduced in CQWW as a way to meet proponents
of a 24-hour class (like me) halfway.  I was told at the time that the
"boy and his radio" limitation was intended to pacify the
super-traditionalists, who were up in arms about anything short of the
full 48.

That said, I have always believed that a 24-hour class with assistance
and SO2R allowed was a logical direction for things to evolve,
particularly as the contesting community ages.  I am already a decade
beyond being able to go many more hours than that, but still enjoy the
technological challenge of all-band, all-technique contesting.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.