[CQ-Contest] Copy what is sent?

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Thu May 13 06:03:06 EDT 2021

When I would operate remotely from K4VV in Sweepstakes or NAQPs, or even the CWOps CWT, I'd send VA for state instead of MD - and MD was what is in all of the history files for me. The "got my exchange wrong" rate would jump to 35% or more!
In zone auto-fill there are only a few prefixes anyone really has to pay attention to the actual zone sent. History files are much worse - zone autofill is the gateway drug, history files are the cocaine...
So, good to see the log checking software catching and penalizing this and seeing accuracy often the determiner in close contests.
73 John K3TN