[CQ-Contest] Historical Sunspot cycle Data

ktfrog007 at aol.com ktfrog007 at aol.com
Wed Nov 10 13:50:49 EST 2021

Here is a site with historical SSN data:

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/solar-cycle/historical-solar-cycles.html

There's also a way to compare cycles. The default is the current sunspot Cycle 25, v Cycle 24.  I've attached a snip.  I hope it shows we're pulling away.

I mentioned this once before. One response was "Who cares?" since we can't do anything about it and will take what we get.  True, but this is possibly my last cycle, at least as having my own station in my own house, so I want it to be a goodie.  Following it is more interesting and relevant to me than watching sports stats.  Patriots 2021 season v Cycle 25?  Guess which I care about.  Pats fans will have to take what they get, too.

What I'm really doing on that site is investigating early CQ WW results, solar conditions and ham radio demographics at that time.  Things were quite different back then.  More on that later.

73,
Ken, AB1J