[CQ-Contest] Working Split in Contests

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 16 07:41:28 EST 2021

 During a major contest, you will be wasting your time following this advice.  If you want to run, tune until you find the lowest S-meter reading, on average.  Throw out your CQ, and the majority of stations wanting to work you will be spot on to your transmit frequency.  If you are DX, expect to have constant contacts even on low power.  I recall a rate of 150 in the last hour of a recent CQ WPX SSB.  Between contacts, there was an average S10 reading.
73, Keith NM5G