[CQ-Contest] Don't forget to spot in CQWW SSB

ktfrog007 at aol.com ktfrog007 at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 10:20:38 EDT 2021

Well, I'm opposed to anyone who gets spotted considering themselves to be Unassisted.  Assistance works both ways.  It generates a QSO for the P&C station and for the running station.

This is why I was happy to see the Unassisted category eliminated from the CQ-WPX contests.  It's a phony category.  Imagine turning off the clusters and RBN during a major contest and seeing the scores plummet.

Virtually no one is Unassisted anymore, except an entirely S&P station who's Unassisted.

How about that?  This is a position universally despised in the contest community.

You\'ll find me out back hunkered down in my bunker.  I've got enough food for three months. CU later.

73,
Ken, AB1J