[CQ-Contest] earbuds?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Sep 1 01:09:55 EDT 2021

On 8/31/2021 6:10 PM, David Siddall wrote:
> He settled on a product from the
> line of LiNX aids from the Danish firm ReSound.

My XYL has been wearing a pair of that brand for several years, and
likes them. Costco sells quality aids from several vendors at roughly
half the cost from an audiologist practice, and our local Costco has an
excellent hearing aid department. I'm retired from pro audio, where I
had to learn a LOT about human hearing, how the ear and the ear/brain
work. I went through the same examination that she did for her aids, and
I sat in the room with her when they adjusted hers. (I didn't buy aids.)
I was VERY impressed by the quality of the test equipment they used,
their understanding of both the human and technology issues, and their
professionalism. BTW -- I first learned about Costco as a source of aids
from W6OAT, who at the time was on his second pair. Another NCCC member,
N3ZZ, also wears aids from Costco.

73, Jim K9YC

Updated versions are