[CQ-Contest] Sprint Return

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 08:06:15 EDT 2021

Last night was my first Sprint in 7 or 8 years, and the rust was
showing.  Fortunately, N1MM+ was a lot smarter than the op, so I didn't
have to relearn all the tricks with the format of transmissions because
my stored messages still worked well.

Goal was to have at least one QSO/minute.  After about 2 hours, that
became less and less plausible. I went earlier than normal (in past
years with much better antennas) to 40 and then 80, but thought the
turnout was disappointing throughout.  I finally quit before 0300Z.

Did anyone else feel that activity was down?

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.