[CQ-Contest] QST -- half hour NS RTTY contest this Thursday evening local time in North America

Ed Radlo eddrad at aol.com
Tue Aug 9 13:51:20 EDT 2022

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY

To all RTTY ops:

Please join us in this week's half hour NS RTTY(North American Sprint contest, RTTY mode, sponsored by the Northern CaliforniaContest Club), Thursday evening local time (Friday 0145Z).

Many regulars participated last week, plusnewcomer WA2BOT and relatively new participants W9FY and K5AM.  Thanks to all of you who joined us, and wehope to see you all on a regular basis!

For those of you who are new to this contest, weuse a variation of the NCJ’s Sprint QSY rule – 1 KHz QSY’s rather than 5 KHz –and allow duplicate contacts after one intervening contact.  If you need a full explanation of thesespecial rules, send me an e-mail, and I’ll give you all the details.

After the contest, please remember to submit yourscores to www.3830scores.com.  It’s easy – on 3830, the name of thiscontest is “NCCC RTTY Sprint”.  Reportingyour score, whether it be big or small, helps build enthusiasm for this event. Thatin turn increases participation for future editions, which benefits all of us.

For those of you using the popular N1MM+ logger,the contest module to use is NSRTTYDUPE.  If you need a proven set offunction keys, let me know, and I’ll be happy to share mine with you.

Remember to try 15 meters at the beginning ofthis Thursday night's contest – 15 has often been open at 0145Z lately.

The details of the next NS RTTY:

Friday,  12 August 2022 UTC, 0145Z to0215Z (Thursday, 11 August 2022 in North America)
-- 1845 to 1915 PDT
-- 2145 to 2215 EDT
-- (others in between those two time intervals)

-- 160 meters:  Try 1804, 1805, or 1806 during the last two minutes-- 80/40/20/15 meters:  mostly +83 kHz to +89 kHz up from thelower band edge-- Same band dupes are allowed for credit after one interveningQSO-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard NCJ Sprint QSY rules-- Multipliers are counted anew on each band, so if 4 bands are open, you’llget a lot of mults!-- 100W output power limit

Please visit https://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to otherinfo. If you find any problems with the Web pages, please let me know so we canget them fixed.