[CQ-Contest] Magazine archives

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:19:30 EDT 2022

Kevin: Thank you! I have worldradiohistory.com bookmarked and have used it.
In fact, in one very important way it's much better than the ARRL archives;
worldradiohistory has complete issues, every page, cover-to-cover. You can
load and then read an entire issue like that. And the WRH page scans are a
lot cleaner in most cases. Thanks for reminding me of this resource.

The ARRL QST archives do provide a search function that can work if you
have a fair idea of what you are looking for (e.g. a word or words that
appear in the article title).

CQ magazine archives are available, too, for a subscription, at CQ Magazine
Archives (hamcall.net) <https://hamcall.net/cq>. A working historian would
certainly need them. For contesters, the CQ WW DX contest articles are
available at yet another web site, CQ Magazine Archives (hamcall.net)
<https://hamcall.net/cq> .

hamcall.net has 73 magazine archives, too, although it is limited. Whew, an
embarrassment of riches.

A lot of people worked to make all these resources available and they
deserve a big tip of the hat. When I researched a book in 2001/2002 NONE of
these resources existed. Turns out that the internet is useful for more
than cute cat photos after all.

cain K1TN

------

K1TN wrote "I forgot to mention previously that you must be a current ARRL
member to
access QST archives. Here's how to get the story:"

Or you can get it without being a member from the great website
ofworldradiohistory.com . Here's a link to older QST's in which the
November
1938 issue is included. https://worldradiohistory.com/QST.htm

You're right, Cain. An exceptional tribute to an exceptional man.

Kevan N4XL