[CQ-Contest] QST -- the half hour NS (NCCC Sprint) RTTY contest is this Thursday evening in North America

Ed Radlo eddrad at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 13:56:49 EST 2022

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY

To all RTTY ops:

This is a reminder thatonce again, the Northern California Contest Club is pleased to present ourregular weekly half hour RTTY Sprint, aka the NS RTTY, this Thursday eveningNorth America time.

Just before last week’sNS RTTY, we received the sad news that a regular in this contest, and in many many other contests, Rod W7OM, passed away. Rod was a fine operator and a true gentleman.  We will really miss him.  We join the entire amateur community inoffering our condolences to his family and close friends.

Our NS RTTY contestalways starts at the same Coordinated Universal Time (0145Z each Friday, 52months of the year), regardless of whether local time is Daylight Savings Timeor Standard Time.  That means that most of us will be starting ata different local time than we were on when theNorth American continent was on Daylight Savings Time.

For those of you who arenew to our weekly NS RTTY’s, we use a variation of the NCJ’s Sprint QSY rule –1 KHz QSY’s rather than 5 KHz – and allow duplicate contacts after oneintervening contact.  If you need a full explanation of these specialrules, send me an e-mail, and I’ll give you all the details, e.g., a precisedefinition of our QSY rule.

So remember to QSY afteryou’ve made a contact that you‘ve solicited, and also remember to give bothcallsigns as part of the exchange.

For those of you usingthe popular N1MM+ logger, the contest module to use is NSRTTYDUPE.  A goodset of example function keys is in the N1MM+ website's function key gallery,and available for free download.

After the contest,please remember to submit your scores to www.3830scores.com.  It’s easy –on 3830, the name of this contest is “NCCC RTTY Sprint”.  Reportingyour score, whether it be big or small, helps build enthusiasm for this event.That in turn increases participation for future editions, which benefits all ofus.

Remember to try 15meters at the beginning of this Thursday night's contest – 15 has usually beenopen at 0145Z lately, at least for some locations.

The details of ournext NS RTTY:

Friday,  9December 2022 UTC, 0145Z to 0215Z (Thursday, 8 December 2022 in North America)

--1745 to 1815 PST

--2045 to 2115 EST

-- (others in betweenthose two time intervals)

-- 160 meters: Try 1804, 1805, or 1806 during the last two minutes

-- 80/40/20/15meters:  mostly +83 kHz to +89 kHz up from the lower band edge

-- Same banddupes are allowed for credit after one intervening QSO

-- 1 kHz QSYrule, otherwise standard NCJ Sprint QSY rules

-- Multipliers arecounted anew on each band, so if 4 bands are open, you’ll get a lot of mults!

-- 100W output powerlimit

Please visit https://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to otherinfo. If you find any problems with the Web pages, please let me know so we canget them fixed.