[CQ-Contest] Contest Burnout

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:57:46 EST 2022

I'm having a difficult time understanding why it is necessary at all to
"combat" contest burnout.  After all, this is merely a hobby and when it
becomes too tedious or uninteresting we can just let it go until the bug
bites us again.  Or simply adjust how we approach a contest that makes
it enjoyable.  If that isn't possible, let it go until it is again.

Burnout in a work environment, or possibly in a marriage, or anywhere
that we have obligations is of course a different matter and requires
serious attention, but feeling obligated to operate a ham radio contest
seems ridiculous to me.

73,
Dave   AB7E