[CQ-Contest] Call copying confusion

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Fri Dec 9 12:28:47 EST 2022

Hey, Bob - If you work me and I log you as W3SKK, I lose the Q, not you, in most contests! The CW log checking rules are below.
Back a few years when we remotely operated K4VV's FB station, we tried various schemes to not be copied as K44V -half spaces seemed to workand their didn't seem to be much skimmer impact.
73 John K3TN
CQ Log Checking Rules Excerpt:
Stations Copying Your Exchange Incorrectly - This is a list of contacts where the station you worked copied your exchange incorrectly. You do not lose credit for these contacts. They are provided for your information.
Stations Copying Call Incorrectly - This is a list of all contacts we
could identify where the station you worked copied your call incorrectly.
You do not lose credit for these contacts. They are provided for your
information. If you have many similar errors, you should concentrate
on ways to send your call differently that may be easier for others
to correctly copy.

Message: 3