[CQ-Contest] CW Sprint - 2300 UTC Saturday Afternoon

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:34:08 EST 2022

I'm encouraging CW operators to get into the February version of the North
American CW Sprint this weekend. (https://ncjweb.com/north-american-sprint/)
It starts at 2300 UTC - an hour earlier than in September - to give 20
meters a little time before darkness closes it down in the east.  With
decent solar flux, that should make the band productive for at least an
hour.

There will be some overlap with the FOC contest for the first hour.  FOC
activity tends to stay below 030 - just call CQ FOC or CQ NA to help
callers keep it all straight.  FOCers - switch contests at 0000 UTC and
join the fun for the next three hours!

DX operators outside the US and Canada - if you are in Zones 6, 7, 8, or
the non-W/VE NA countries of Zone 5 or 40, you count as a very welcome
multiplier!  An easy way to join the fun is to call CQ, work a station,
move 5 kHz and repeat - we'll hear you.  Outside NA, your QSOs still count
for points but not as a multiplier - give it a try!

For those of you unfamiliar with CW Sprint, our results author, N3BB, wrote
a nice article about the contest and how to operate:
https://ncjweb.com/sprint-scores/CW-Sprinting-N3BB.pdf.  To keep clear of
the fastest action, work the high edges of activity above 050 (call CQ at
your comfortable speed) and try the upper two bands after most activity
moves lower.

I hope to hear you on Saturday - CQ Sprint!

73, Ward N0AX
NA CW Sprint Manager