[CQ-Contest] Single band rule WPX RTTY

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:42:03 EST 2022

Probably best directed to questions at cqwpxrtty.com - but:

You are required to submit a complete log with all contacts made on all
bands - so definitely log that 20m QSO. See rule XI-B. So you can make 20m
contacts.

It is common practice in contests to ask people to QSY to a specific
frequency on another band. See for example NAQP for moving mults. As an
all-bander in WPX if I work a 3-pointer on 20 and I think I can work them
on 40, I will ask for a QSY and a 6-point contact; heck I'll also try to
move people between 40 and 80 for 6 points if I can. It's not self spotting
because it's not a broadcast, you're using ham radio to effect a QSO.

I don't see anything that says single banders can't also do this.

73 jeff wk6i