[CQ-Contest] Self spotting in tests

cqtestk4xs at aol.com cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 13:38:41 EST 2022

I'm trying to figure out if this rule change is dumber than the WPX (combining assisted and SO categories.  I think the ARRL one is dumber.
Why S/P? Everyone is going to look for spots.  For the common W1, JA1 or DJ1 this rule really stinks.  I suppose the rare and semi-rare stations will really be helped with the rule change.  I will probably benefit from it but the rule sucks.  Now ever five minutes or so you spot and rebuild the pile up.
I have yet to hear a good reason for the WPX change and will be waiting  for the rational behind this one.  Please don't tell me, "we couldn't enforce the no spot rule".  Lots of rules are hard to enforce, power, rubber clocking, multi-ops that are4 really single ops etc.
Bill K4XS/KH7XS/V31XX