[CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests

Richard F DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 22:18:42 EST 2022

You know what this will also do - if I have the ability to self spot.  If I
want a frequency, I'm just going to find somebody who isn't that out, spot
myself, and create an instant pileup.  By spotting myself, I've now been
able to grab that frequency courtesy of the pileup.

Not saying I personally would do this, but someone absolutely will.

73 Rich NN3W