[CQ-Contest] Software Column in NCJ - Need Ideas

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 10:55:34 EST 2022

I've just resumed writing a software column for NCJ, my third stint over
the last 10 years or so.  To put it mildly, the software scene has
changed dramatically over that period, and software has become so
integral to ham radio contesting that it's mostly taken for granted, and
I find it hard to come up with topics that people will find intersting
or useful.  Hence this message...

Do you have specific software packages, or kinds of software, that you'd
like to see written about in NCJ?  How about subjects *about* software,
and the influence of software on contesting?  One topic I'm thinking
about is call history files.  Do you think they've been on balance good
or bad for contesting?  What about the effect on logging accuracy?  What
software do you use to help you with antenna construction and
decision-making about what to put up? What capabilities would you like
to see that don't currently exist (at least not within ham budgets)?

You come up with the topics, I'll get the software and give it a
shakedown cruise. Over....

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.