[CQ-Contest] Software Column in NCJ - Need Ideas

Stan Zawrotny k4sbz.stan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:26:15 EST 2022

I also agree. Remote Software (not subscriber Remote Operating) has made a
major splash with contest sponsors. Ops have been ingenious in making use
of the capabilities it gives them.

 As an example, in 2020, a station in California operated remotely from
Florida in the Florida QSO Party. This enabled him to operate as a
sought-after in-state station, garnering a high score. He did the same
thing from other states and was able to come in first in the State QSO
Party Challenge, beating out another top contender in state QSP parties who
drives to various neighboring states in order to operate in-state. The SQP
Challenge Team spent a lot of time discussing the "legality" of such
operations. As a result of his innovation, over two dozen stations
subsequently operated remote in the SQP Challenge.

Innovation with electronics and communications is the life-blood of amateur
radio.

73,
Stan, K4SBZ