[CQ-Contest] Random Exchange Contest

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 10:19:49 EST 2022

I think you are looking at this problem the wrong way:

> The problem to introduce such a new contest today is:

> A) To find an open slot on the jam packed contest calendar.
Good luck with finding an "open" weekend.  Best best is to find an already
established contest with a compatible exchange, and go with the same
weekend.
Since you want a "unique" exchange, that is not an option.  Why does it
have to be on a weekend?  CWT is on Wednesdays, and is doing well.  Other
contests are mid-week.
Pick a date, and go from there.  Many folks are retired, so there should be
enough of a pool to get things started.  If the idea has legs, THEN move it
to a weekend.

> B ) To find a sponsor with enough leverage to make it work.
Sponsor it yourself.  Published the rules on the internet, and start
promoting it.  That is what everyone else did when they started.
If people are interested, it will work.  If not, it will fail.
Asking "someone else" to do it will guarantee it will fail.

>  C) Get enough folks on the air to make it fun. If not, it's DOA.

See item B

Tom - VE3CX