[CQ-Contest] Scandanvian propagation question

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Sun Jan 30 21:03:06 EST 2022

I don't know the exact propagation mechanism, but this path from far
northern EU to the northern US is very often open. We may experience it
more often here in the north-central US, because our geomagnetic
latitude is close to that of southern Scandinavia, and at least 10
degrees higher than our geographic latitude. The openings happen in the
winter, long after the band has gone dead to the rest of EU. It even
happens on 10 meters in high sunspot years.

I don't know how much further south it extends in NA. May Jukka can tell us.

73,
Scott K9MA