[CQ-Contest] What to do with old QSL cards?

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 06:36:15 EDT 2022

As others have hinted at, ninety-nine per cent of old QSL cards are
useless. But you never know when periodically burning them might come back
to bite you. Maybe 10 years ago I was astonished to see in my DXCC records
that I didn't have credit for the "old" Germany on CW (it's a "deleted
country"). Of course I had worked probably thousands of them before Jan 1,
1975, when CW DXCC became a "thing." But those thousands of DK and DL and
DM buro cards were long gone.

So you just never know. Maybe someday some wealthy JA will offer a brand
new Mazda to the first person to submit QSLs from every JA licensee since
1955 and you'll regret throwing away all those old cards.

cain K1TN

-----

I have several (3-4) file cabinets filed with QSL cards going back to the
mid-1950s, including a large number of DX QSLs.  I seem to remember that
someone on this reflector had mentioned some place that takes these QSL
cards.  Would someone please remind me of whom that was?  Tnx.

73,

Dennis, K2SX