[CQ-Contest] Is better antenna isolation also diminishing antenna azimutal pattern distorsion?

SM0HRP kari at sm0hrp.se
Sat Jun 4 04:32:06 EDT 2022

Hi George,
Thanks for the inputs. I was a little unclear with "150 km" to other RBN stations. I meant RBN spots readings from dx stations (USA, Japan..) of my station and nearby stations.
I agree with what you say about things getting complicated. It is a difficult issue.
One thing I thougt, not so difficult to do, was to compare RBN sigs in EU and US when I switch between no Bandpass filters (= 25-40 dB isolation) to Bandpass filters in (= 85-95 dB isolation). Assuming stable signal conditions of course.
Unfortunately I cannot measure antenna plot signals further away than some 100 meters. My QTH is an old island.
A great thing to do would be to measure the vertucal antenna plot pattern with a drone like Tom N6BT did in measuring the vertical antenna pattern on sloping terrain.
Wishing you all a good weekend.
73s Kari SM0HRP

Skickat från min iPhone