[CQ-Contest] PRESS RELEASE -- 2022 SP DX Contest cancelled -- April 2-3, 2022

Rich Assarabowski konecc at snet.net
Thu Mar 17 09:17:27 EDT 2022

PRESS RELEASE

March 16, 2022

Zygmunt Szumski SP5ELA

Chairman of SP DX Contest Committee

NEWS:  The 2022 SP DX Contest is cancelled - April 2-3, 2022

After careful deliberation, the SP DX Contest Committee, together with the
Polish Amateur Radio Union (PZK) and the SP DX Club, has decided to cancel
the 2022 SP DX Contest.   Since the start of the war in Ukraine, Poland has
accepted nearly 2 million refugees to date, as a direct result of Russian
aggression toward our neighbor.   This is an unprecedented event in Europe
and has resulted in the greatest migration crisis in Europe since World War
II.  Polish people are deeply engaged in all forms of humanitarian
assistance.   Polish radio hams are giving shelter to Ukrainian refugees in
their homes and offering their help and services in every way possible.
Under these extraordinary circumstances, we felt it was most appropriate to
cancel the SP DX Contest this year.

SP DX Contest rules and past results can be found at
https://spdxcontest.pzk.org.pl

We look forward to your participation in the 2023 SP DX Contest on April
1-2, 2023

--- 2022 SP DX Contest Committee