[CQ-Contest] Foot switch

Joe nss at mwt.net
Sat Nov 12 10:17:04 EST 2022

I never had luck using Vox,

But probably mainly because of my method of talking when running a Phone
contest.

I talk very quietly. I don't stress my Voice. It just drives me crazy to
hear these guys screaming in their Mics.
Umm there is a Mic Gain control! Hello?
Then they wonder why 8 hours later they sound like an old sailor and
don't have a voice anymore.

I have been in Multi stations where a OP that is 12 feet away is talking
sooo loud that he is over driving my radio past the ALC window!

But with my voice levels being sooo low VOX operation is late on the
attack and often miss the first letter, and or keeps dropping out like a
SSB version of QSK. Or even worse to stop the QSK effect then the hang
time is too long and you miss the first part of replies.

Foot switch is the only way I will do a Phone contest.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET