[CQ-Contest] N1MM's Embrace of Self-Spotting

Mike VE9AA ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Nov 30 15:18:39 EST 2022

I think you might check your Math Pete.
If I stayed on the same run frequency, for the entire 48 hour contest,
it would be 6 (spots per hour) x 48 (hrs) = 288 spots. (not 2880)
You can only self spot with the new N1MM macro once/10 minutes. (not
EVERY single minute)..that's 6 times in a clock hour.

Conversely, when I CQ on CW, I am generating 10, 20 , 30 skimmer hits
each time I CQ up to a max of skimmers that hear me, but the RBN &
telnet clusters filter that to also only spot me about every 10 minutes.
(as I understand it). Pretty much the same thing. 288 spots for a 48 hr
CW contest if I never move.

In reality, it will be less than 288.  Sometimes most people need to
S&P.  Sometimes the pileup will be too large and you won't WANT spots.
etc.

I am not sure what the issue is.

Please explain the issue.

         Mike VE9AA