[CQ-Contest] New York QSO Party-One Week Away

Ken Boasi n2zn at rochester.rr.com
Sat Oct 8 12:06:02 EDT 2022

We are one week away from the 2022 New York QSO Party!  Plans (and
propagation) are shaping up for this year's NYQP to be one for the
record books.  Many stations have already posted their plans on our
website for their activity next weekend.  We have made some rule changes
this year which will provide more options for stations looking to get on
the air, including the new portable class, and allowing operation from
county lines.  Will 2022 finally be the year that someone achieves the
elusive sweep of all 62 counties?

Starting at 1400z next Saturday, the next 12 hours will be fast and
furious.  The last two years have seen a record number of logs
submitted, and we're hoping to break that record again this year.

The NYQP rules include something for everybody; the new Portable class
will allow those who operate out in the field to be competitive with
similar stations.  The Mobile class will again have several mobiles
traversing the state to activate as many counties as possible.

Logs may be submitted through our new log submission webform (located at
https://nyqp.contesting.com/nyqpsubmitlog.php).  As of this year, logs
submission via email shall be discontinued; please be sure to use the
webform.  Logs are due two weeks after the end of the contest.

Paper logs are not accepted, but paper logs may be typed in and entered
via the WA7BNM Web-to-Cabrillo log submission form (at
http://www.b4h.net/cabforms/nyqp_cab.php).

Please check https://nyqp.org/wordpress/nyqp-rules/ for the complete
rules package. Updated county data, records, activation plans and
tutorials are also available at NYQP.org.

Join us in one week for one of the top QSO parties in the nation!

73, Ken N2ZN