[CQ-Contest] Suggestion for the ARRL June VHF contest

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Oct 29 02:00:59 EDT 2022

On 10/28/2022 1:36 PM, Stan Zawrotny wrote:
> In following this discussion, one would think that the ARRL, CQ and the
> IARU are the only organizations that sponsor contests, so they can schedule
> contests whenever they want.

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple. Several major contests are
sponsored from clubs in JA, including All Asia, there are SSB and CW
weekends of the Oceania contest, RAC sponsors 24 hour contests on Canada
Day and in Dec, there are three weekends of WAE, and RSGB runs several
contests, including IOTA, BARTG, and the Commonwealth contest, and I
suspect that there are bunch more EU-sponsored contests that I'm not
aware of because I live on the West Coast. It's a pretty small world,
and getting smaller. :)

73, Jim K9YC