[CQ-Contest] Whither CQ WW?

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:51:11 EDT 2022

On 10/30/2022 11:24 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> I found only those two stations splattering. And there were the usual
> number of ego-driven lids who finished a QSO with "QRZ" instead of
> their call. I love K6XX's advice at the Contesting workshops that NCCC
> organizes at Visalia -- "QRZ is not your call," making the point that
> your call is ADVERTISING, QRZ is not.

I am a great fan of the Pregnant Pause, particularly if you have
multiple callers.  Simply by pausing (literally a second) between
"thanks" and your callsign, you can usefully pick up your rate. It's not
that you don't send your call - I'd say at least every 3 QSOs - but that
you just wait a sec to see if anyone jumps in.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.