[CQ-Contest] Skimmers and self spotting

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 22:05:08 EDT 2022

I also think that the intent is very different from self-spotting -- the
Skimmer op has no control over who gets spotted by his node.   Testing
some new station hardware, I have had my Skimmer running while I
transmit during a dozen CWTs, and I don't think that the N4ZR RBN node
has spotted my own call once, because I have long since put my call and
overload-generated variations on it in the RBN Aggregator's Bad Call list.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.