[CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 call for volunteers

Claudio Veroli claudio.veroli at alice.it
Fri Sep 9 10:04:56 EDT 2022

Call for volunteers at WRTC2022
"Without volunteers there is no WRTC"
This short sentence conveys the importance of close-knit and organized
groups of volunteers for WRTC2022.
Volunteers  have been an essential part of WRTC events beginning with
the very  first one in Seattle. At the last two, in Boston and
Wittenberg, the  number of teams and tasks expanded and volunteers
beyond the core host  organizing committee became even more essential to
a successful event.
Volunteering at the WRTC is an exciting experience
At  the end of WRTC2018 in Germany, as soon as the assignment of WRTC
2022  to Italy was made official, we were approached by many of the
German  volunteers at WRTC2018.  They were enthusiastic about the
experience and  already wanted to apply to volunteer at WRTC2022 in
Italy. Many knew  little about the contests but had been overwhelmed by
the wave of  friendly hams from all over the world immersed in the world
of radio for  a week.  Lasting friendships were made, and we want all of
them and  many others to volunteer now and come to Italy in 2023 for
another great  experience.   Please spread the word.
Volunteering at the WRTC.
We  need volunteers now, before the event, as well during the event next
July.  Before the event volunteering means spending time with a group of
friends assembling antennas, and later next summer to mount the
antennas at the operating sites.  During the event volunteering means
living in the world of radio together with the most accomplished and
well-known contesters, DXpeditioners, and operators in the world.
Throughout the activities volunteering means person-to-person
socializing and getting to know interesting people from all corners of
the globe.  For us Italians, it means welcoming our friends from all
over the world and making them feel the warmth and splendid welcome that
distinguishes us.
We need you now
Now is the time to step up and volunteer.  We need everyone.
Italian  hams: it doesn't matter if you don't know what a contest is or
don't  know English, your passion for radio and a little time available
is more  than enough, this appeal is for you.
If you know a foreign  language, you are passionate or professional in
the field of  photography, video, audio, advertising, publications, or
you know PCs  and data networks, this appeal is for you.
If you and some  friends have a few days available in the months of May
and June 2023 to  help us mount antennas at the operating sites, this
appeal is for you.
Hams  in Europe and beyond: Come and spend a holiday in Italy helping us
prepare this event. The farmhouses and B & Bs where we have chosen  to
install the stations offer an exquisite welcome, excellent  hospitality,
excellent food, in wonderful places, in the tradition of  Emilia
Romagna.
The possibilities of helping the organization of  WRTC 2022 are many. We
have summarized them below under the heading  VOLUNTEERS.  Please choose
what you would like to do to help your fellow  radio sport enthusiasts
and WRTC2022 by filling in the form and sending  it to us.
Associated with the event will be opportunities for  tours and guided
visits to a variety if interesting places, including  those associated
with Marconi . In addition, opportunities for  socializing with fellow
hams and contesters from around the world will  be plentiful, as anyone
who has attended an earlier WRTC will attest.   The location where
ceremonies will take place is very beautiful and  surrounded by a large
park.
Where and when
The  WRTC2022 will take place from 4 to 10 July 2023. The headquarters
will  be in the province of Bologna. The operating sites, where the
antennas  will be mounted, will be scattered in the provinces of
Bologna, Ravenna,  Ferrara and Modena.
If you and a group of friends plan to  organize together, have a camper
or want to stay in the area, fill out  the form and get in touch with us
as soon as possible by writing to  volunteers at wrtc2022.it
The 67 antennas can be mounted starting from May 2023.
The application to be part of this beautiful event is below.
We are waiting for you, here at Guglielmo Marconi's home, where Radio
was born.
Thanks for your help.
WRTC2022 Organizing Committee
GO TO VOLUNTEERS APPLICATION FORM