[CQ-Contest] QSO Party Rules

Stan Zawrotny k4sbz.stan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:10:45 EDT 2022

Participation in state QSO parties requires a skillful knowledge of
propagation and geography. It’s unfortunate that every state can’t provide
59 or 599 stations on all bands 24x7. Knowing when and on which bands
stations from a targeted state can be worked is a specific skill.
Boycotting states because they are difficult for you is admitting defeat.

OM2VL should be an example to us all. He has qualified for the Worked all
QSO Parties Award from Europe. He understands propagation and enjoys
participating in the state QSO parties.[image: image]
Contesting is not meant to be easy. Anyone can work a hundred stations in
the  big ARRL, CQ and NAQP contests. The bands are jam packed. State QSO
parties are more of a challenge.

   - Some states are too far away --for certain bands.
   - Some states are too close -- for certain bands.
   - Some states don't have many hams -- or not as many willing to operate.
   - Some states have rules that are different. We have to adjust to the
   variations.
   - Etc.

Challenge is what contesting is all about. But we can't win all contests.
So we have to set our own goals for each one. If you participate in the
State QSO Party programs, then the challenge might be just making two
contacts is a state that is too far, too close or too small.

Contest ebulliently.

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."

On Sep 19, 2022, at 5:48 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN via CQ-Contest <