[CQ-Contest] Ukarine

Max Shaposhnik uy7c at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 02:41:53 EDT 2022

Hi Ken and all,

>From the legal point, during the martial law, control for the most of civil-related things like hamradio, mass movemet/actions etc is performed by the Military Administration of each Ukrainian region.
Officially, there is no centralized direct ban for the hamradio  (but yes, it was directly banned during the state of emergency, which was taken in action few days before full-scale russian invasion started, and expired with martial law entered into force)

As for now, a Head of Military Administration of each region decides that, and HAM activists from the most regions (except the fully/partially occupied ones, of course)  are got the official aswers
from theirs State Military Adm. Head that confirms state does not put any limitations for the broadcasting/hamradio/computer and other kind of communications at this time. (mostly because they're have more importang things to regulate ATM : -) )

>From the practical point, this is still personal decision of each ham, to TX or not, depending of the situation. Most of people are taking the situation seriously, and keeping silence. Many have their antennas damaged or temporarily dismounted.  Most of those, who is still able to put themselves on air (mostly on the relatively calm regions), are fully aware that it is still far not the best time to ragchew on SSB, or contest with KW-s, etc, and the best we can afford, is some DX-ing on 100w FT8/CW, preferrably on the higher bands, to not attract too much attention and not to cause anger from the goverments or mil-s. : -).
But of course, there are always exceptions...

with BR, Max,
Regards, Max UR3CMA/UY7C

    On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 05:52:54 AM GMT+3, AB1J via CQ-Contest <cq-contest at contesting.com> wrote:

 What is the current status of amateur radio in Ukraine?

Since the war started there always have been a few Ukrainian stations with proper calls on, but I've noticed a larger number of Ukrainian stations on FT8 lately (like today on 15m). Typical grid locs were KO50, KO60, KN59, KN68.

73,
Ken, AB1J