[CQ-Contest] What is "one radio"?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Sep 21 19:07:59 EDT 2022

On 9/21/2022 2:09 PM, af5cc at fidmail.com wrote:
> And with the FTDX9000 you can do SO2R with "One" radio, transmitting on one band while still listening on the other one.  Wonder how that fits in the rule.

In most contests, classes of operation are defined by the number of
operators and the number of simultaneously transmitted signals. Most
SO2R operation entries are in the single0op single transmitted signal
class -- that is, listening on one band while transmitting on the other.
While SO2R results are reported separately on 3830 Scores, that's still
a single op single transmitter entry.

I've entered at least one contest, Makrothen, that has single- and
multi-receiver classes for single- and multi-op.

73, Jim K9YC