[CQ-Contest] Antenna Analyzer Expert

Barry Jacobson bdj at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 6 23:33:50 EST 2023

I plan to do EZNEC hoping to gain some intuition. I agree about the nulls.
Probably a clover pattern of some sort. In retrospect, probably a fan
dipole or folded dipole would have been better. Not sure how far apart
conductors need to be in a fan dipole. But mounting widely spaced parallel
conductors is more difficult than attaching a 20 oz soda bottle filled with
water (but leaving some room for expansion of ice) to a simple wire and
throwing into trees.

Best,

Barry WA2VIU

--