[CQ-Contest] Alfred A Laun, III K3ZO SK

Ken Claerbout kenk4zw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:39:56 EST 2023

It is with immense sadness that I share with you the passing of our
dear friend Fred Laun K3ZO.  Fred passed away this evening.

It was Fred's desire to not have any formal funeral or ceremony.
Certainly we will all find a way to celebrate our friend and a ham
radio icon.

We knew this day would eventually come.  It doesn't make it any
easier. There was just something about tuning the bands during a
contest and hearing K3ZO.  You knew everything was right with the ham
radio world. RIP OM. You were one of a kind!

73
Ken K4ZW