[CQ-Contest] Alfred A Laun, III K3ZO SK

Tom Macon tmacon at wi.rr.com
Wed Jan 4 13:53:48 EST 2023

I first met Fred at the University of Wisconsin in the late '50's when I
joined the Badger Amateur Radio Society, W9YT, which had recently
experienced its "Second Coming
<https://w9yt.rso.engr.wisc.edu/founding-of-w9yt/> " thanks to the efforts
of Fred and a few others. This article, written by Fred, was published in
1983 in a state-wide amateur radio publication and is still posted on the
BARS website.

When another W9YT alumnus, Phil Goetz, N6ZZ, passed in 2007, Fred
memorialized him in an article
<http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/CQ-Contest/2007-03/msg00270.html>
that is still available online. Many of the sentiments he expressed there
now apply to Fred himself.

Remembering.
-Tom Macon, K9BTQ