[CQ-Contest] Issue with TicRing 1022D/E

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Jan 9 20:06:34 EST 2023

Physically, the antenna appears to be pointed about 150 degrees.  The
controller displays 60 degrees.  Turn knob CCW to any position beyond 30
degrees and push start, nothing happens.  However, with the knob at
about 35 degrees and any where CW to 180, a brief tap of START elicites
a sharp BUZZ (like an alarm sounder) from the controller.  It also
appears to rotate the antenna CW; I quickly turn the know CCW to stop
rotation, because I don't want to over-rotate and put coax in a bind.

I don't see anything in my TicRing manual about an alarm buzzer, nor do
I see any resistances for troubleshooting from the ground.  I suspect
others have encountered this before, and am hoping to get some hints
before retrieving the motor from the tower.

--Scott, W5WZ