[CQ-Contest] Run rate vs. S&P rate RTTY Roundup

Barry Jacobson bdj at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jan 20 10:04:12 EST 2023

Hi Jim, I use the MFJ989D tuner which is quite capable and gets me 1:1 on
all bands including 160 where the antenna is too short. It is fed with
ladder line all the way from back of tuner to antenna.

Attaching a screenshot of RBN listing from last Sat night NAQP CW using
same setup. (I mistakenly used amp and became a checklog because exceeded
100 W limit). Same general setup as for RTTY Roundup the week before. I
don't think the antenna is the problem. Have worked plenty of Europe and
South America in DX contests. One thing I can't help is my property is
narrow and antenna is oriented so that broadside is sort of North-South
rather than East-West which I'd prefer. I think part of the issue is NY is
a boring state that nobody really needs because so many hams there.

Barry WA2VIU

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU