[CQ-Contest] Reciprocity in signal strength

Bill N6MW billsstuffn6mw at comcast.net
Wed Jan 25 13:38:29 EST 2023

Due to the earth's magnetic field there are just O and X modes and
neither obeys reciprocity except for special cases. Also the X mode
generally has more absorption loss, and further what you hear depends on
the antenna polarization and the sum of the O and X signals you receive
by different paths. It's a long story.

Of course local noise is probably still the biggie.

Bill N6MW