[CQ-Contest] Announcing the half hour NS (NCCC Sprint) RTTY contest this Thursday evening local time in North America

Ed Radlo eddrad at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 13:58:51 EST 2023

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY

To all RTTY ops:

This is a reminder thatonce again, the Northern California Contest Club is pleased to present ourregular weekly half hour RTTY Sprint, aka the NS RTTY, this Thursday eveningNorth America time.

Last week, we welcomednewcomer K8JQ, and welcomed back NK4O, K3MM, N0TA, and AD4TJ, whom we hadn’tseen for awhile.  Let’s see all of you againthis week!

For those of you who arenew to our weekly NS RTTY’s, we use a variation of the NCJ Sprint’s QSY rule –1 KHz QSY’s rather than 5 KHz – and allow same band duplicate contacts afterone intervening contact.  If you need a full explanation of thesespecial rules, send me an e-mail, and I’ll give you all the details, e.g., aprecise definition of our QSY rule.

Remember to QSY afteryou’ve made a contact that you‘ve solicited, and that both callsigns arerequired as part of the exchange.

After the contest,please remember to submit your score to www.3830scores.com.  It’s easy –on 3830, the name of this contest is “NCCC RTTY Sprint”.  Reportingyour score, whether it be big or small, helps build enthusiasm for this event.That in turn increases participation for future editions, which benefits all ofus.

For those of you usingthe popular N1MM+ logger, the contest module to use is NSRTTYDUPE.  A goodset of example function keys is in the N1MM+ website's function key gallery,available for free download.

Remember to try 15meters at the beginning of this Thursday night's contest – 15 has usually beenopen at 0145Z lately, at least for some locations.

The details of ournext NS RTTY:

Friday,  3 February2023 UTC, 0145Z to 0215Z (Thursday, 2 February 2023 in North America)

--1745 to 1815 PST

-- 2045to 2115 EST

-- (others in betweenthose two time intervals)

-- 160 meters: Try 1804, 1805, or 1806 during the last two minutes

-- 80/40/20/15meters:  mostly +83 kHz to +89 kHz up from the lower band edge

-- Same banddupes are allowed for credit after one intervening QSO

-- 1 kHz QSYrule, otherwise standard NCJ Sprint QSY rules

-- Multipliers arecounted anew on each band, so if 4 or 5 bands are open, you’ll get a lot ofmults!

-- 100W output powerlimit

Please visit https://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to otherinfo. If you find any problems with the Web pages, please let me know so we canget them fixed.