[CQ-Contest] StarLink and remote contesting?

George Skoubis geo.skoubis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 00:48:17 EST 2023

Mike,

  I have Starlink as my backup ISP in my dual-wan router configuration.

  My wife works from home and we were having problems last summer with our main wisp service.

  I will be honest and say I wanted Starlink so I could have Internet when we take our trailer camping.

  I just tested the speed now and I saw 62 mbps down 12 mbps up with 62ms latency.

  I am in a rural area of Phoenix but there is way higher usage here than your QTH so you may have better results (plus if it’s the only feasible solution for you…).

  AA7JV will have a much better real world test for ham radio as they travel on their sailboat.

  I have heard there are coverage differences at higher latitudes so check the coverage websites for your location.

 73,

George / W7GES