[CQ-Contest] Type of male plug ICE-419 Bandpass Filters

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Mar 9 04:44:31 EST 2023

On 3/7/2023 6:52 PM, AB2E Darrell wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to order an 8 pin plug that mates with the female plug on the ICE419 Bandpass Filter set.
> I know these are old, but I'm hooking them up for FD.

Are you looking at one, Darrell? I owned two of them (real dogs) 15-20
years ago, and vaguely remember them as DIN, but don't take that as
definite. :)  Why real dogs? Under-rated caps blow with relatively small
mismatches running barefoot, difficult to take apart, repair, and
realign, not great performance when they're working. Both of my two
units arrived out of alignment. Bottom line -- I wouldn't recommend
running them at more than 50W driving an amp. Lots of detail in this
report, which ran in NCJ about ten years ago.

http://k9yc.com/BandpassFilterSurvey.pdf

73, Jim K9YC