Updated MASTER.DTA Tools

John Zapisek k2mm@maspar.com
Fri, 2 Dec 94 10:46:52 PST

> [Sergei/AA8OT/UA3AP]  How to add new calls to the Master.dta?  I have
> master.dta date 11/17/94 and want to add new calls for CQWW CQ.  Thanks!

> [Ken/K1EA]  Adding calls is not easy. You must create the entire database
> at once, using .BIN files as input.  73.

Sergei:  You might find my DTA to/from ASCII translators useful for this.

You can convert your existing DTA file to ASCII, add new calls, then convert
back to DTA.  Be sure the added calls are all upper-case and have no tabs or
spaces.

Also, if you again convert from DTA to ASCII then back to DTA, you will find
that dupes have been removed.  This is done by the DTA -> ASCII translator.

I've recently updated the tools to handle more than 32K calls and to be more
robust about removing dupes.

You can get a copy of the self-extracting ZIP file MAS_K2MM.EXE via either
e-mail or anonymous FTP.

For UUENCODE'd e-mail, send the command "get ct-user mas_k2mm.exe" to the
address "ct-user-request@eng.pko.dec.com".  Put the command in the body of
the message, not in the Subject line.

The FTP site is maspar.maspar.com (192.84.231.1).  Log in as "anonymous" or
just "ftp", and give your e-mail address as the password.  CD to directory
/pub/k2mm/ct-files and look for mas_k2mm.exe.  Be sure to download in binary
mode by giving the command "binary" at the FTP> prompt before you download.

73.  --John/K2MM