CT8 R2B8/B2R8 Problem

Jim Reisert AD1C ct-user@sttng.mlo.dec.com
Wed, 13 Jul 1994 18:19:15 -0400

John, WB2K wrote:

>But if I now bring up CT with this "new" BIN file, it's corrupted. What was
>1400 Qs is now 126 Qs! The problem appears to be in the header of the
>file since the first indication that anything has gone wrong is that the
>initial screen

Bingo!  But only if you're trying these utilities on a CT9 log.

The header in CT9 is now 4K bytes (it was 1K byte in CT8).  Since R2B8
manually creates the header, it will put QSOs in the 3K bytes after where it
expects the header to end, but this is still in the CT9 header.

Ken needs to write a R2B9 to fix this.  In the mean time, you'll have to
convert your CT9 log to CT8, use the CT8 tools, then convert from CT8 back
to CT9.

73 - Jim AD1C
reisert@mlo.dec.com