wpx problems (still...)

N0bsh@aol.com N0bsh@aol.com
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 16:17:16 -0400

As I noted last week,  when doing WRITELOG in v8.53 for my WPX
log, the program crashed after writing a few of the files but not
others.  One reply noted a similar problem and they tried an old
version of the CQWW.CTY file and appeared to work OK.

Anyway here's what appeared on the screen at the crash:

ILLEGAL ADDRESS HAS CAUSED A PAGE FAULT
absolute address = 41202030
DGROUP relative address = 31202030ult:  2.2
error code = 0004r   sheet:  C:\CT8\WPX95P80.MUL

and then a bunch of various number/letter groups

Uhhh..........

I'm not looking for a treatise on DOS and all it entails.  I'd just
like to know if someone can tell me what's up with this stuff and
what I can do to get this to work.  I claim no particular expertise
in this technical stuff!

For the record (again) I used v9.22 in the contest and did the 9TO8
conversion of the log.  And I'm using a 486SX33 machine.

Or do I just find a real old CQWW.CTY file?  (I think the one I had is
from 10/94)

Thanks

Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh@aol.com