more on RS-232/RS-422 networks

Bob Fabry--N6EK fabry@basisinc.com
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 21:12:41 -0700

George Cutsogeorge, W2VJN, gcutso@mcimail.com, mentions that flat 4
conductor telephone wire is available for $0.02/foot as part number 630-0630
from MECI at (800)344-4465.

R. E. Smith, Inc. at (513)874-4796 has volunteered to provide two pairs of
their RS-232 to RS-422 converters for evaluation on the Easter Island and
Heard Island expeditions.  We will try to run between tents with RS-232, but
if we get in trouble we can switch to RS-422.  Ron has been VERY supportive.

Fred Lucas, K1EFI, Fred_Lucas/Marketing/GDC/US.GDC@noteshub.gdc.com, who is
the chairman of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) standards
committee TR-30.2 which is responsible for DTE/DCE interfaces including
RS-232 which is now officially called EIA/TIA-232-E reports:

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-request@eng.pko.dec.com